Yates Petroleum Corporation
Yates Petroleum Corporation has built a legacy of hard work, family values, employee relationships, and strategic partnerships over the past 75 years. Our core methodology has made Yates Petroleum Corporation a pillar in our communities and the petroleum industry. Yates Petroleum Corporation is:
- Yates Petroleum Corporation is a privately owned, independent exploration and production company.
- The Company is headquartered in Artesia, NM.
- Yates Petroleum Corporation has a long and rich history, with four generations of family ownership.
- Martin Yates drilled the first commercial oil well on New Mexico state lands in 1924.
- We have a valuable resource in our employees, who possess a deep technical knowledge across all of our areas of operation:
- Artesia, NM - 287 employees
- Rock Springs, WY - 11 employees
- Gillette, WY - 56 employees
- Denver, CO - 6 employees
- Houston, TX – 4 employees
- 4,800 total years of industry experience
- Yates Petroleum Corporation’s employee dedication and longevity are unique in the industry.
- 1,400 years of experience with Yates Petroleum Corporation
Learn about Yates Petroleum Corporation
Located in Artesia, New Mexico, Yates Petroleum Corporation takes pride in it’s state of the art facilities, family work environment, and employee-centric methodology.
Yates Petroleum Corporation
Environmental & Avian Protection Policies
Read about Yates Petroleum Corporations Environmental Protection Policies and Avian Protection Plan.
Join the Yates Petroleum Team: Job Opportunities
Become part of the Yates Petroleum Corporation Family. Check out our Job Opportunities and download an application online today.
Yates Petroleum Corporation would like to welcome our new
CEO, President and Board Member
Mr. Douglas E. Brooks
Mr. Brooks is a senior oil and gas executive with 33 years experience. He served for over twenty-four years with Marathon Oil Company lastly as Director of Upstream M&A and Business Development – Americas. Mr Brooks then built two private equity-sponsored firms each focusing on unconventional resource projects in the western US. Following a short period with Forest Oil Corporation, Mr Brooks was named CEO for Aurora Oil & Gas Limited. Aurora was a pure play Eagle Ford focused public company, which was sold to Baytex Oil Corp., in June 2014 for $2.7B.
Mr. Brooks was a former board member for Madalena Energy Company, a Canadian listed public company; a board member of the Houston Producer’s Forum and an advisor for Hart Energy’s A&D Watch, a global energy research publication. Mr Brooks holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Management from the University of Wyoming - Casper and a Masters of Business Administration, Finance, from Our Lady of the Lake University in Texas.
*Based on NMOCD 2013 Data.